Locations 2017 >
16 – 17 February 2017
18 – 21 May 2017
1 – 23 June 2017
23 Mai – 5 June 2018
15 – 16 June 2018
21 – 26 September 2018
5 – 29 October 2018
WOODBOX on TOUR - Bratislava
Cutting-edge timber architecture in Europe
10 days of dialogue on building with wood
Wood will be showcased right in the heart of the city as the material of the future when it comes to urban construction and living.
WOODBOX is a compact, mobile exhibition that, with the help of around 50 architectural examples, shows the new potential in building with wood – ecological, sustainable and urban.
WOODDAYS features dialogues, lectures and presentations of best practices around the theme of wood as a key material for the green cities of tomorrow.
Friday, April 25th 2014, 13:00 pm
Nám. Ľ. Štúra, Bratislava
Friday, April 25th 2014, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
City dialogue “Wood Growing Cities” Bratislava – Vienna
- Current timber construction projects – multistorey and urban – in Europe
- Urban development in Vienna with timber – experiences and perspectives
- Building with wood: planning and public authorities in dialogue
Monday, April 28th 2014, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Practical example –Schukowitzgasse Kindergarten in Vienna (Arch. Clemens Kirsch, Kirsch zt GmbH)
- Paths to zero-energy buildings in new constructions and renovations (Arch. Werner Nussmüller, Nussmüller Architekten ZT GmbH)
- Wood as a building material for high-density living with a residential building on Breitenfurter Straße in Vienna as an example (Arch. Martin Praschl, Praschl Goodarzi Architekten ZT GmbH)
- Relational design with timber(Arch. Reinhard Kropf, Helen & Hard)
WOODBOX open daily from 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, free admission
woodbox on tour
WOODBOX & WOODDAYS
The city governments of Bratislava actively support the initiative as local partners.
Equally supportive are the respective national architecture, engineering and timber associations, relevant higher educational institutions and significant companies involved in the European timber industry.